Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Pound of Love

Continuing my accidental series of oddly large objects, I present to you a pound of love.

This is a skein of yarn. It's really big. Can you tell?


Here it is on my couch with the beginning of the circular baby blanket it will eventually be. 


 Here's some context with my hand in the picture.


I took one last picture to help you truly understand how big this skein of yarn is. It's called a pound of love because it weighs a pound. A pound! That's a lot of yarn. However, that doesn't really show you how big it really is. It's one of those things that's hard to wrap your mind around unless you're actually looking at it. So I put it in front of my face and took a picture. This is what I would look like if I had a skein of yarn for a head because the yarn is as BIG AS MY HEAD! Crazy.


I love yarn, especially balls of yarn that are so big they don't fit in any of my (many) knitting bags. Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment