Friday, February 3, 2012

Things in Bowls a.k.a Other Signs of Insanity

Exhibit 1: Homemade laundry soap


Why? Because I felt like it and now I can't stop. It's so cheap!

Exhibit 2: Homemade Bread (2nd rise)
(It was in a bowl before I dumped it on the towel)

I've decided to stop buying bread at the store. I've bought a little bit recently because I was perfecting my breadmaking techniques. However, I feel that I've reached a turning point. This is a picture of a rustic no knead bread. I've also been working on a whole wheat everyday bread. The big winner though is pillow bread-- crazy name, crazy delicious. We have a winner! I find the long, slow process of breadmaking to be cathartic. It pulls me away from the hectic world we live in and plops me squarely down in a slower time. I love it. (It also brings me one step closer to being the one you want to be with if modern life should come to a screeching halt and we're forced to fend for ourselves. I've got it covered people. )

No comments:

Post a Comment