Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A little credit where credit is due...

Many years ago, when I married my husband, I had an image of yellow calla lilies for my wedding. My wedding was at a time when they were almost out-of-season, so they had to be special ordered by my florist. Needless to say, they were expensive but they were beautiful. It was my vision as reality.

Fast forward a few years and a few extra months and my husband gave me this for Valentine's Day. (I prefer potted plants. They don't die as quickly, a much better symbol of love in my opinion. What does a dying flower say about your devotion to someone?)
They're not yellow like the ones at my wedding, but rather lovely all the same.

Also, I received a box of chocolate that was much larger than my head. This was due to some heavy prompting on my part. My darling husband doesn't always understand that I truly mean the absolute largest box of chocolate he can find. I have different ideas about chocolate than him.

No comments:

Post a Comment