Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Snapshots from my life

Life is busy right now. Of course, I have three children which has a lot to do with that. There are other reasons too. To let you into my life, I present snapshots of my life right now. Literally. I just took these pictures.
A sink full of dishes. They seemed to appear out of nowhere. We washed the dishes when we got back from our trip and then, the sink was full the next time I looked. What!

I hate doing laundry. One of the worst things about taking a trip is the pile of dirty laundry when you get home. It's just depressing.

This is M eating her first Little Debbie Fudge Round. It's also a picture of her eating her last Fudge Round for a really long time. There were crumbs everywhere. I have enough to do without adding to the mess with my stupid lunch choices.

Messy children's room exhibit A.

Messy child's room exhibit B. Sadly, these two rooms were both clean two hours ago. They're already worse than these pictures show. My children work fast.

My mother-in-law is having a 60th birthday party next weekend. I'm in charge of chicken, plates, forks, napkins, cups, lemonade, and framing an invitation among a few other little details. This is one of the few tasks I don't actually mind. My mother-in-law is a nice lady and I like to plan parties.

This is an irrelevant picture but doesn't this hot pink Strawberry Shortcake wig just look freaky?

As a present for my mother-in-law, we're having a whole family portrait made. The granddaughters are all wearing coordinating dresses and hair bows made by me and my sister-in-law. I've got a few details to finish up along with the rest of the hair bows and M's top. I should probably get on that with a bit more enthusiasm since the appointment for the portrait is Saturday morning.

So, that's a bit of my life at this moment, but only the clean, easy to photograph parts. It's really much worse than this shows when you add in the house hunt ordeal, the quickly approaching start of school and a few other sordid pieces that I don't care to share via the Internet. Thank goodness for chocolate to help me through these troublesome times. I've also memorized the Serenity Prayer and find myself saying it quite often throughout the day. Now, off I go to attack the summit of Mt. Washmore and make some hair bows.

No comments:

Post a Comment