Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Pirate Series Part 1 or How to Build a Pirate Ship

My husband, L, and M got lost in Lowes one Saturday. A and myself were simultaneously getting lost in Hobby Lobby. To each his or her own! While in Lowes, they found little kits to build stuff and ended up with two wooden pirate ship kits for A and L.

One afternoon, they finally found time to put them together. Note that all girls were wearing dresses during the construction process. Me too but I'm behind the camera. Of course, you could have guessed I was wearing a dress. I'm me!


Note the intent looks of concentration and my husband's snazzy French Club t-shirt. Concentration is important when small children are hammering close to your fingers.


 The wood was surprisingly hard even though the holes were pre-drilled. My husband eventually ended up getting his drill to drill the holes better. The drill bits are still on the table. I wish they weren't. Hint, hint, my darling husband.


M couldn't help build the ships but she could certainly sit in her chair and offer screams of encouragement while gnawing on a plastic hammer. It made her feel like she was a part of the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment