Friday, July 22, 2011

Movie Monday

You're aware that I don't like television much and that movies aren't really my thing. I prefer books. Books are like movies you control inside your head. Much better than someone else's idea of how things should be.

I've been trying to limit my children's exposure to television this summer and feel pretty good about our progress. However, I'm not completely heartless. They like to watch things. My solution has been books made into videos and movie Monday. Books on video is pretty self-explanatory concept. Movie Monday means that if they were good, we've watched a movie every Monday. It hasn't always gone smoothly. Generally, someone is unhappy about the choice or I find myself bored out of my mind, but overall, it's gone well.

A and L both agreed on last Monday's movie choice though. It was a miracle. My husband was hesitant but then I pointed out the very short length of the "movie" and we both agreed it was a good choice because we were running late. I had no problems with the actual "movie." Why? Because both of my daughters got terribly excited and wanted to watch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." It was the original cartoon version which I love and, well, it was Christmas and you know how I feel about that. It warms my heart to know that I'm spreading the joy of year round Christmas planning to my children. Monday's movie choice wasn't just a miracle. It was a Christmas miracle.

Long live Christmas in July! And in every other month!

No comments:

Post a Comment