Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer- Day 1

Summer is officially here. It's almost 2 in the afternoon and my children are all napping. (simultaneous naps without any fussing or crying = bliss) Here's a rundown of my day so far.

1. Woke up to the sounds of A. and L. arguing. I decided to go back to sleep.
2. Woke up the second time to quiet. I immediately got up to investigate because quiet is way more dangerous than when they yell. They were mindlessly watching PBS on the television my husband had turned on before he left. That explains the quiet. When their Daddy turns on the television for them before he leaves for work, they try extra hard not to wake me up because they know I'll turn it off as soon as I'm up and they won't get to watch it anymore.
3. Got M. out of bed, took off her diaper, put a pair of panties on her, and told her she got to practice being a big girl today while I tried to convince her to use the potty. She didn't.
4. Fed my children breakfast.
5. Convinced A. and M. to take their medicine because they both have ear infections.
6. Started washing dishes.
7. Cleaned up M.'s first accident.
8. Mixed together a batch of pillow bread.
9. Cleaned up M.'s second accident which was bigger than the first.
10. Reminded myself that I'm starting potty training today because I can ride the wave of euphoria that school is out to help me keep a positive attitude.
11. Fed my children lunch.
12. Kneaded my bread.
13. Entertained M. on the potty in a failed attempt and decided a pull up was a fabulous idea for nap time because I'm already behind on laundry and I really don't need anymore at the moment since she'd already messed up two days worth of clothes during her earlier accidents. I hate laundry.
14. Put L. and M. in bed for a nap. No tears!
15. Listened to A. read a book and signed her summer reading program sheet.
16. Thought about doing laundry but decided to write this blog post instead.

My timer just went off and I need to go check my bread's first rise. Isn't my life exciting? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment