Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sick again

We can't seem to keep our children well this winter. Endless cycles of runny noses, coughing, watering eyes, etc. circle through the members of our family. I don't know if it's the air system in the new house, the weird weather, or something else. Most nights feel like a blurry dream of checking on them, giving medicine, and sharing my bed with squirmy little girls. It leaves a body tired and a soul weary. My husband was tired and he asked me last night what to do and without thinking overmuch, I told him, "Find something positive to hold on to, focus on it with all your heart, and hang on to the hope. As long as you have hope, you have enough." Most days it feels like it's never going to end, but I still have hope.

He's home with the two youngest today. At least they're cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment